From the Headmaster
At Beaconhills College, our motto is Let your light so shine.
Certainly many of our students do shine, with exceptional academic results. We have had students achieve the highest possible ATAR of 99.95 and numerous other earn VCE Season of Excellence awards, putting them at the top of the state in their subjects.
But there are many pathways to success. Ultimately, the most important outcome is the person each student has become and the character and values they take with them into their future lives.
My hope is that all Beaconhills students graduate with a sense of gratitude. That they are optimistic about their future, have strong self-worth, a commitment to service of others, care for the environment and pride in their own achievements.
Why choose Beaconhills?
Beaconhills is an open-entry community school for all. We offer a holistic education, centred on the six pillars of Learning That Matters.
Wellbeing is one of the founding tenets of our College. Our approach is that ‘wellbeing is the oil of learning’, so the wellbeing of each student- from early learning to Year 12 – is a strong area of focus. As a school founded on Christian values, service to others is also fundamental to our philosophy.
Beaconhills represents true value. We have an all-inclusive fee structure for curriculum-based programs, meaning there are no hidden extras in your school fees. We offer:
- diverse curriculum with a huge choice, including the VCE years
- endless opportunities to pursue interests in sport, the performing arts, technology and visual arts
- an extraordinary global and outdoor education program, run by our in-house Beacon Explorers team.
- an emphasis on community service, locally and internationally
- commitment to sustainability – we are one of the largest solar-powered schools in Australia
- a caring, supportive community of parents, teachers and students.
I would be delighted to meet you and show you around our College.