Choosing a school for your child is one of the most important decisions parents make. We all want the best for our children and, in these tough economic times, this investment in education is very challenging. Families want to ensure they are spending wisely.
The crucial role of a good education in setting the foundations for lifelong learning can’t be overstated. Over the years I have conducted hundreds of parent tours of our school and answered many and varied questions. If you are choosing a school, I would like to share a list of what I believe are the seven key questions you could ask of the headmaster, or school representative:
- What are the core values of the school?
- How does your school care for my child?
- How do you ensure my child is in an environment to learn?
- How do you measure the success of your school programs?
- How do you cater for individual needs of each child and what opportunities are available for my child?
- How do you prepare my child for the future?
- How can I be involved in the learning of my child?
Next Thursday 10 September and Monday 14 September, we launch our Discover Beaconhills webinar series where you can ask these questions and more. Each webinar is free and you can register here through our contact page.
Along with our campus principals from Pakenham and Berwick, I look forward to meeting you.