Every student in Years 3 to 8 at Beaconhills College is required to bring their iPad to school every day. The iPad should
- be fully charged and in good working order
- be in a protective case that covers the screen and with a stand
- loaded with the latest iOS version
- have a battery that will last the day without recharging
- have all the required apps for their year level, regardless of cost, listed in Section 4 of the BeLearning Lounge.
More information about the iPad program can be found here.
Senior School students (Years 9- 12) are able to bring their own computing device to school. We recommend laptops for senior students although iPads are permitted. The devices that are supported on the Beaconhills network include
- MacBook – any model running latest operating system, Catalina
- Windows notebook/laptop – any model running latest version of Windows 10.
- iPad – models that run the latest iPadOS13.
Please note: Although the school allows students to bring mobile phones, this will not suffice as the student’s primary device.
More information about the BYOD program can be found here.
Beaconhills College have partnered with the Apple Store at Fountain Gate to host an Apple Parent Evening each year in November, when parents get exclusive access to store services and devices at excellent prices.
We are also a participating school in the Apple Family Funded Program that will provide in-store, telesales and a custom on-line store with pricing only available for parents of Beaconhills College. This covers special prices on iPads as well as AppleCare+ and accessories.
Beaconhills families can also access to a JB Education online portal for purchasing various devices, including iPads, MacBooks and Windows laptops by various manufacturers, also at excellent prices.